Thursday, December 25, 2008

La Famille

So I have been trying to make sense of the family tree, which as my father correctly pointed out, resembles a bush more than a tree. I can't make much sense of it, but I will share with you what I have been able to discover thus far.

My great grandfather was Muhammed bin Achrati. He had five children: Ramis, Dahmas, Dean, Haleema and Bouhafs. Ramis married Said and had three children, Kadar, Hamoud and Cheikh. Kadar married Barkama and had Ridha, Malik, Mahmoud, Sohhad, and Layla. Hamoud married Keira and had a lot of kids (I don't know the names yet). Cheikh married Khadouma and had Faruk, Maroua and Gemha. Said had four children from a previous marriage: Bilgasa, Ibrahim, Krimo and Romar.

Dahman had five kids. Muhammed, Shelali, Fahtna, Ahmed and Ghannea.

Dean married a woman named Fahtna and hat a son named Naimi.

Haleema might have family; I don't know yet.

Bouhafs married my grandmother Fahtna and had three sons, Slimane, my father Ahmed, and Ali. Slimane married Zahra and had Jehane, Yacine, Moubine and Nibras. Jehane married Muhammed and had Khalil and Mehadi. Yacine married Jaleela and had Tayeb. Ahmed married my mother Rosie and had Nora, Sara and me, Adam. Ali married Fahtna and had Kouthar, Ahmed and Dohar.

My grandmother Fahtna, daughter of Abdelkader, had a brother Muhammed. Muhammed had a son Abdelhamid. Abdelhamid had a son Ali, who married Aiesha and had four children: Toufik, Abdo, Imam and Ferdouse.

Fahtna married Ma'Roof after my grandfather Bouhafs was captured and killed by the French during the war. They had Tayeb, Faruk, Aiesha (Ali's wife and Toufik's mother), and Fatiha. Tayeb married Kelthum and had Mounibe and Rashad. Faruk has three wives. He married Samira and had Ouedad, Sundouse, and Muhammed. He then married Fuzia and had Abdelbari, and he just married Ouedad (more kids may be on the way).

Ma'Roof, my step grandfather, had another wife, Zoletha. They had Khadeeja, Fateema, Brahim, Muhammed and Issa. Muhammed married Zahra, daughter of Ahmed. I don't know where Ahmed fits in. There is also Amar, father of Cheikh. They are lost amongst the family.

So thats it for now. You follow? Savvy? Me neither. There is more, and God help me when I try to make sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment